The Polar Plunge® is a signature fundraiser for Special Olympics and offers a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support Special Olympics Iowa athletes by jumping into frigid waters. The more you raise, the more great Polar Plunge® gear you can earn!
Get Your Plunge On
- Plunge Solo
- Plunge as a Team
- Toss Your Boss
- Corporate Challenge
- Too Chicken to Plunge
Register to Take the Plunge!
Registration links will be added when available.
2021 Polar Plunge® Locations:
- Ames Greek Plunge: March 26 (Iowa State University)
- Council Bluffs: April 10 (Lake Manawa Yacht Club, by Council Bluffs Country Club)
- Warren County: April 17 (Lake Ahquabi, Indianola)
- Cool School Plunge: April 24 (At-Home)
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo: May 1 (George Wyth State Park)
- Cedar Rapids: May 8 (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Iowa City: May 8 (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Siouxland: October TBD (Brown’s Lake, Salix)
- Davenport: October TBD (Scott County Park – Whispering Pines Shelter)
- Dubuque: November TBD (Dubuque Boat Ramp)
- Fort Dodge: November TBD (Kennedy Park)
- West Des Moines: December TBD (Raccoon River Park)
So, you’ve registered for the Plunge… Below are some tips and tools you can download and use to help you get ready for the big day!
- Getting Started
- Polar Plunge 101
- Polar Plunge Icons
- Donor Receipts
- Fundraising Tips
- Donation Tracker
- Email Outreach
- Revenue Share