The Polar Plunge® is a signature fundraiser for Special Olympics and offers a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support Special Olympics Iowa athletes by jumping into frigid waters. The more you raise, the more great Polar Plunge® gear you can earn!
Get Your Plunge On
- Plunge Solo
- Plunge as a Team
- Toss Your Boss
- Corporate Challenge
- Too Chicken to Plunge
Register to Take the Plunge!
Registration links will be added when available.
2021 Polar Plunge® Locations:
- Ames Greek Plunge: (Iowa State University)
- Council Bluffs: (Lake Manawa Yacht Club, by Council Bluffs Country Club)
- Warren County: (Lake Ahquabi, Indianola)
- Cool School Plunge: (At-Home)
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo: (George Wyth State Park)
- Cedar Rapids: (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Iowa City: (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Siouxland: October 30th (O’Connor Heating & Cooling)
- Davenport: November 6th (Scott County Park – Whispering Pines Shelter)
- Fort Dodge: November 7th (Kennedy Park)
- Dubuque: November 13th (Schmitt Harbor Boat Ramp)
- West Des Moines: December 4th (Raccoon River Park)
So, you’ve registered for the Plunge… Below are some tips and tools you can download and use to help you get ready for the big day!
- Getting Started
- Polar Plunge 101
- Polar Plunge Icons
- Donor Receipts
- Fundraising Tips
- Donation Tracker
- Email Outreach
- Social Media Tool Kit
- Matching Gift
- Revenue Share