The Polar Plunge® is a signature fundraiser for Special Olympics and offers a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support Special Olympics Iowa athletes by jumping into frigid waters. The more you raise, the more great Polar Plunge® gear you can earn!
Get Your Plunge On
Register to Take the Plunge!
Registration links are added as they become available.
2023 Polar Plunge® Locations
- Iowa State University Greek Plunge (Ames)
- Warren County (Norwalk)
- Iowa City/Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo
- Council Bluffs
- Davenport – September 23 (Sheridan Meadows Lions Shelter #1)
- Siouxland – October 14 (O’Connor Heating and Cooling)
- Fort Dodge – November 5 (Kennedy Park)
- Dubuque – November 11
- West Des Moines – December 2 (Raccoon River Park Beach & Nature Lodge)
So, you’ve registered for the Plunge… Below are some tips and tools you can download and use to help you get ready for the big day!
- Polar Plunge 101
- Donation & Fundraising Questions
- Donation Impact
- Donor Receipts
- Donation Tracker
- How to raise $150 in 7 days
- Matching Gift
- Polar Plunge Icons
- Revenue Share
- Social Media Tool Kit