Create A Community of Acceptance and Respect on Your Campus
Special Olympics College Clubs function as official clubs on campus and connects college students and individuals with intellectual disabilities through sport to build friendships and help lead the social justice movement of Special Olympics.
Together these components can help students work for and with Special Olympics athletes to help transform school campuses into communities of acceptance and respect.
Virtual Unified Activity Nights Hosted by Northwestern College
Unified partners from Northwestern College are hosting virtual Unified activity nights where you can expect to meet new friends and get moving! Register in advance for the upcoming events below.
Monday, November 9 (7:00-8:00 PM) – Register Here
Monday, November 23 (7:00-8:00 PM) – Register Here
Monday, December 7 (7:00-8:00 PM) – Register Here
College Clubs in Iowa
- Iowa State University
- Northwestern College
- St. Ambrose University
- University of Iowa
Resources for SO College
- Starter Guide Instructions for starting a Special Olympics College Club on campus.
- But Wait, There’s More This video takes a look at the different components of Unified Champion Schools.
- Event Guide This guide provides ideas and steps for successful events on campus.
- Special Olympics Unified Sports Intramural Guide Introduction and overview to implement Unified Sports on campus through campus recreation department.
- National Standards for College/University National School Recognition Program College/University standards of excellence.
- Special Olympics College Club Branding Complete guide to branding for Special Olympics College Clubs.
- Inclusion Weekly: College Club This video shows what it means to be part of the Unified Generation while in college.
- Get Your Campus Involved This video highlights the inclusion, acceptance, and friendships that Unified Sports Intramurals bring to college campuses.
- Special Olympics College Interest Form We look forward to hearing from you!
Special Olympics College Clubs are an excellent way to engage in the community. If you would like to take part in activities with one of our existing clubs, or would like to start a club on your campus, contact: Lexxi O’Brien, Unified Programs Coordinator 515-986-5520 ext. 115.