Although Bowling does not belong to the Olympic sports, it is among the most popular sport in Special Olympics. It is a particularly beneficial sport to people with intellectual disabilities, regardless of their age or sports abilities, since it ensures physical exercise and at the same time participation and social integration. Plus, it’s great fun!
An athlete may participate in one of the following events (ramp bowling is available):
- Team (four-person)
- Unified Doubles (one SOIA athlete with one Unified partner)
- Unified Team (two SOIA athletes with two Unified partners)
Date: November 17, 2018
Registration Deadline: October 19, 2018
- Westdale Bowl in Cedar Rapids (state qualifiers from the East, East Central, Northeast and Southeast areas)
- Bowlerama in Des Moines (state qualifiers from North and West Central areas)
- Merle Hay Lanes in Des Moines (state qualifiers from Central and North Central areas, and ALL Unified Doubles and Teams from North, West Central, Central and North Central areas)
- Thunderbowl in Council Bluffs (state qualifiers from the Northwest, South Central and Southwest areas)
Please Note: Lunch will not be provided during the state bowling competition.