Being a Plunger means cooling your body while warming hearts. The Polar Plunge® is a signature fundraiser for Special Olympics and offers a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support Special Olympics Iowa athletes by jumping into frigid waters. The more you raise, the more great Polar Plunge® gear you can earn! Incentive prizes start at $250. View Incentives (pdf) (coming soon!).
Get Your Plunge On
- Plunge Solo
- Plunge as a Team
- Toss Your Boss
- Corporate Challenge
- Too Chicken to Plunge
Register to Take the Plunge!
Check out our 2019 Polar Plunge Poster (coming soon!) to get a full list of Plunge dates and locations!
Registration links will be added when available.
- Ames Greek Plunge (Iowa State University)
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo (George Wyth State Park)
- Cedar Rapids (Pleasant Creek State Park)
- Council Bluffs (Lake Manawa Yacht Club, by Council Bluffs Country Club)
- Davenport (West Lake Park Beach)
- Dubuque (Dubuque Water Sports Club)
- Fort Dodge (Kennedy Park)
- Iowa City (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Siouxland (Brown’s Lake, Salix)
- Warren County (Lake Ahquabi, Indianola)
- West Des Moines (Raccoon River Park)
So, you’ve registered for the Plunge… Below are some tips and tools you can download and use to help you get ready for the big day!
- Getting Started
- Polar Plunge 101
- Polar Plunge Icons
- Donor Receipts
- Fundraising Tips
- Donation Tracker
- Email Outreach