Being a Plunger means cooling your body while warming hearts. The Polar Plunge® is a signature fundraiser for Special Olympics and offers a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support Special Olympics Iowa athletes by jumping into frigid waters. The more you raise, the more great Polar Plunge® gear you can earn! Incentive prizes start at $250. View Incentives (pdf)
Get Your Plunge On
- Plunge Solo
- Plunge as a Team
- Toss Your Boss
- Corporate Challenge
- Too Chicken to Plunge
Register to Take the Plunge!
Check out our 2017 Polar Plunge Poster to get a full list of Plunge dates and locations!
Registration links will be added when available.
- Ames Greek Plunge (Iowa State University)
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo (George Wyth State Park)
- Cedar Rapids (Coralville Lake)
- Council Bluffs (Lake Manawa Yacht Club, by Council Bluffs Country Club)
- Davenport (West Lake Park Beach)
- Dubuque (Dubuque Water Sports Club)
- Fairfield (TBA)
- Fort Dodge (Kennedy Park)
- Iowa City (Coralville Lake, West Overlook Beach)
- Northwest Iowa (Scharnberg Park, Everly)
- Ottumwa (Jimmy Jones Shelter)
- Siouxland (Brown’s Lake, Salix)
- Warren County (Lake Ahquabi, Indianola)
- West Des Moines (Jordan Creek Mall)