Special Olympics Iowa
Motor Activity Training Program
Unified Champion Schools®
Unified Champion Schools® (College)
Ways to Give
Law Enforcement Torch Run®
Walkway of Champions
Become a Coach
Become an Athlete
Coaches’ Guide (2023-2024)
Become a Class A Volunteer
Calendar of Events
Board of Directors
SOIA Hall of Fame
Sport Training- Track and Field
Sport Training - Track & Field
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Are you a new coach?
1. Track & Field competitions are conducted using which measurement system?
Metric Measurement System
Inches, Feet, Yards
2. Check all that apply regarding the number of track & field events an athlete can participate in at competition?
1 individual event & 1 relay
2 individual events & 1 relay
2 individual events & 2 relays
Pentathlon & 1 relay
3. An athlete that can throw a softball more than 30M should transition into the Mini Javelin or Shot Put or choose another track & field event?
4. In the shot put event, male athletes use a 5 kg shot put and female athletes use a 3 kg shot put.
5. What is the penalty for an athlete who competes in a walking event and runs during the event?
The athlete is told to stop and restart the race
The athlete is disqualified and given a participation award
The athlete is asked to leave the event
6. Athletes cannot be in both a lead-up event and regular event (example: standing long jump and running long jump OR softball throw and shot put)
7. In the 50M, 100M, 200M and 400M track events, if an athlete runs out of their allotted lane they can be disqualified?
8. Which of the following are required during a shot put:
The shot is put from the shoulder with one hand only
The shot shall touch or be in close proximity to the chin
The hand is not to be dropped below the shoulder
The shot shall not be brought behind the shoulder
All of the above
9. In the standing long jump event, can an athlete use just one foot on the take-off?
10. Entries should be?
Best time/distance from the eight weeks or 10 hours prior to competition
Average of all times/distances from the eight weeks or 10 hours prior to competition