- Cycling competitions are held at Cyclone Sports Complex this year.
- There will not be a shuttle to this venue.
- Competition will run from 9:30 AM-1:30 PM on Thursday, May 16, with registration and bike inspections beginning at 9:00 AM. This is subject to change as teams register and schedules are finalized.
- There will be a food truck providing lunch for all athletes, coaches, Unified partners, volunteers, and spectators on Thursday from 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM.
- Athletes must bring their own helmets for proper fit & health reasons. Gloves are to be worn during the competition. Gloves will be available to athletes who do not have their own.
- Spectators may bring lawn chairs.
- 1K will be 2 laps
- 5K will be 9 laps
- 10K will be 18 laps
- 250M will be shorter than previous years. The race will be about 200M and is still in a straight line.
Location and Parking
Cyclone Sports Complex, 1022 Welch Ave, Ames, IA 50011
Parking is available in the Cyclone Sports Complex parking Vehicles however are not to leave until the competition is over.
Do you have additional questions about cycling or Summer Games?
- Will there be accessible entrances on site?
- Should I expect to shuttle there, or will there be parking? Is parking free?
- Is food available for purchase?