Special Olympics Iowa
Motor Activity Training Program
Special Olympics College
Unified Champion Schools®
Young Athletes Play Days
Ways to Give
Law Enforcement Torch Run®
Walkway of Champions
Become a Coach
Become an Athlete
Coaches’ Guide (2023-2024)
Become a Class A Volunteer
Calendar of Events
Board of Directors
SOIA Hall of Fame
Sport Training- Basketball (Team & Skills) Training
Sport Training - Basketball (Team & Skills)
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Are you a new coach?
1. Check all events that are offered at the state level
10M dribble and Developmental dribble
3 on 3 half court basketball
5 on 5 full court basketball
6 on 6 half court basketball
2. In the ten-meter dribble event, when does the volunteer stop timing the event?
When the athlete crosses the finish line and picks up the ball to stop the dribble
When the athlete tells the timer they are done
When the athlete places the ball at the finish line
3. In 3 on 3 half court basketball, what is the maximum number of athletes that can be listed on the roster?
4. How many field goals will an athlete attempt from each of the six spots in the Spot Shot?
5. The spot where you begin to measure for all spots in the spot shot skills events is?
The baseline at the midline
The floor directly below the front edge of the basket rim
The floor directly below the center of the backboard
6. What is the maximum number of points an athlete can receive in the wall pass skills event?
7. How long is a 3 on 3 basketball game?
15 minutes or 15 points (whichever comes first)
18 minutes or 18 points (whichever comes first)
20 minutes or 20 points (whichever comes first)
8. At the Spring Classic, can athletes participate in both basketball skills and team basketball?
9. In the developmental dribble event, how long does the athlete have to dribble the basketball?
30 seconds, unless the athlete loses control of the ball more than 2 times
45 seconds, unless the athlete loses control of the ball more than 2 times
60 seconds, unless the athlete loses control of the ball more than 2 times
10. Entries should be?
Best time/score from the eight weeks or 10 hours of practice prior to competition
Average from the eight weeks or 10 hours of practice prior to competition