As we get ready for another Mid-Winter Tournament, I would like to touch base with you on the Cheerleading and Dance Competition. My name is Katie Rasmussen and I am one of the venue directors for the Cheerleading and Dance competition that takes place at the Mid-Winter Tournament in March. We have completely revised our Cheerleading and Dance manual that you can locate on our website here.
All Special Olympics Iowa Cheerleading and Dance competitions will be ran according to the rules and regulations in this manual.
Here are some helpful reminders to keep in mind for cheerleading:
- No music is allowed
- Time limit: 3 minutes
- This includes changes in props, signs, etc.
- A squad or individual must perform two different cheers
- No more than 16 athletes are allowed on a squad
- Two coaches will be allowed to coach in the coaches box
- Divisioning will be based on ability, squad size and age (please see below for clarification)