Special Olympics Iowa has many opportunities for you to be involved and make a difference:
- State Championships – Special Olympics Iowa hosts eight statewide competitions each year.
- Challenge Days – Events for athletes with severe and profound disabilities.
- Fundraising Events – Polar Plunge and other LETR events along with golf tournaments, dinners and more!
- Local/Area Competitions – We have divided our state into 11 areas. Find an area competition near you!
- Unified Sports – Pairs athletes with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team.
- Young Athlete Play Days – Events for children between the ages of two and seven.
Visit our Area Pages for information about volunteering at an event near you!
For questions or to register a group of 10 or more, contact:
Bryan Coffey, Director of Unified Sports and Volunteers