Teams of up to 10 will test their strength against a Delta CRJ-900 airplane weighing more than 80,000 pounds. Teams will compete to see who can pull the airplane 12 feet in the fastest time.
**Teams will get to pull twice, with fastest time counting as final time. Both pulls will be consecutive.
Event Details for 4th Annual Plane Pull Presented by the Lohse Family Foundation
Date: 2018 TBA
Location: Endeavor Air/South Cargo Ramp, Des Moines International Airport
Time: 9:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies with first pull to follow Cost: $500 per team ($50 per person for a team of 10)
Parking: Please see the attached map. Primary parking will be Parking 1. If that lot is full, please park in either overflow parking lots and a shuttle will take you to the event.
- Public safety (at least half of the team members are a public safety employees)
- Civic (at least half of team members are from a civic organization)
- High school/college
- Co-ed (minimum of 50% of team must be female)
- Open (general public)
- Special Olympic Athlete Division (at least half of team members must be Special Olympic Athletes)
- Family Division (at least half of the team members must be ten years old
Team awards will be given in the following categories:
- Fastest Pull (in each of the seven divisions)
- Grand Champion
- Top Fundraising Team
- Best Team Costume
In addition to the thrill of a lifetime and knowing that you’re helping a great cause, there are some great prizes available to motivated fundraising groups! Items will be awarded to each team member*:
- $500 – Official bragging rights and the exclusive opportunity to pull a plane! Plus, each team member will receive a commemorative t-shirt and free lunch onsite
- $2,500 – Plane Pull water bottle
- $4,000 – Plane Pull cooler
- $6,000: Choice of a Plane Pull pullover jacket OR a $500 gift card to Texas Roadhouse for a team party! (*one gift card per team)
Download the Team Captain Packet (pdf). Includes donation tracker, flyer, sample donation letter, waiver, and other information.
On June 4th, 2016 more than 35 teams helped to raise nearly $100,000 for Special Olympics Iowa!
For more information, contact:
Jeanette Steinfeldt, Director of Development