Teams of up to 10 will test their strength against a Delta CRJ-900 airplane weighing more than 80,000 pounds. Teams will compete to see who can pull the airplane 12 feet in the fastest time.
**Teams will get to pull twice, with fastest time counting as final time. Both pulls will be consecutive.
Event Details for 5th Annual Plane Pull
Date: Saturday, June 23rd, 2018
Location: Endeavor Air/South Cargo Ramp, Des Moines International Airport
Time: 9:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies with first pull to follow Cost: $500 per team ($50 per person for a team of 10)
Parking: More information coming soon.
Registration: Register Here
Join us Friday, June 22nd to get checked in early at Prairie Meadows Casino from 5-6:30 p.m. Team Captains will receive check-in details.
- Public safety (at least half of the team members are a public safety employees)
- Civic (at least half of team members are from a civic organization)
- High school/college
- Co-ed (minimum of 50% of team must be female)
- Open (general public)
Team awards will be given in the following categories:
- Fastest Pull (in each of the seven divisions)
- Grand Champion
- Top Fundraising Team
- Best Team Costume
This is a great family event! We will have a kids zone including face paint, balloon animals, and other activities. NEW THIS YEAR: We will be having a solo LIMO pull, provided by Hogan’s Limousines. Cost is $10 per pull per person, (no limit on pulls). Fastest time will receive a 3 hour limo ride (based on availability).
In addition to the thrill of a lifetime and knowing that you’re helping a great cause, there are some great prizes available to motivated fundraising groups! Items will be awarded to each team member*:
- $500 – Official bragging rights and the exclusive opportunity to pull a plane! Plus, each team member will receive a commemorative t-shirt and free lunch onsite
- $2,500 – Plane Pull water bottle
- $4,000 – Plane Pull cooler
- $6,000: Choice of a Plane Pull pullover jacket OR a $500 gift card to Texas Roadhouse for a team party! (*one gift card per team)
Download our flyer and brochure (coming soon)
Download the Team Captain Packet (pdf). Includes donation tracker, flyer, sample donation letter, waiver, and other information.
On June 4th, 2016 more than 35 teams helped to raise nearly $100,000 for Special Olympics Iowa!
For more information, contact:
Jeanette Steinfeldt, Director of Development