Teams of up to 20 will test their strength against a UPS 757 airplane weighing more than 120,000 pounds. Teams will compete to see who can pull the airplane 12 feet in the fastest time.
**Teams will get to pull twice, with fastest time counting as final time. Both pulls will be consecutive.
Event Details for 4th Annual Plane Pull Presented by the Lohse Family Foundation
Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2017
Location: Endeavor Air/South Cargo Ramp, Des Moines International Airport
Time: TBA Cost: $1,000 per team ($50 per person for a team of 20)
Registration: Register and create your Firstgiving fundraising page here.
- Public safety (at least half of the team members are a public safety employees)
- Civic (at least half of team members are from a civic organization)
- High school/college
- Co-ed (minimum of 50% of team must be female)
- Open (general public)
- Special Olympic Athlete Division (at least half of team members must be Special Olympic Athletes)
- Family Division (at least half of the team members must be ten years old
Team awards will be given in the following categories:
- Fastest Pull (in each of the seven divisions)
- Grand Champion
- Top Fundraising Team
- Best Team Costume
In addition to the thrill of a lifetime and knowing that you’re helping a great cause, there are some great prizes available to motivated fundraising groups! Items will be awarded to each team member*:
- $1,000 – Official bragging rights and the exclusive opportunity to pull a plane! Plus, each team member will receive a commemorative t-shirt and free lunch onsite
- $2,500 – Plane Pull water bottle
- $4,000 – Plane Pull cooler
- $6,000: Choice of a Plane Pull pullover jacket OR a $500 gift card to Texas Roadhouse for a team party! (*one gift card per team)
Download our flyer (pdf – coming soon)
Download the Team Captain Packet (pdf – coming soon)
Download and personalize a sample donation letter to help fundraise towards your goal (pdf – coming soon)
On June 4th, 2016 more than 35 teams helped to raise nearly $100,000 for Special Olympics Iowa!
For more information, contact:
Jeanette Steinfeldt, Director of Development