The Rasmussen Group Presents....
Pulling for a Purpose
It's a giant tug of war between you, your friends and a 120,000-pound airplane! The Plane Pull is a unique opportunity for individuals and organizations to raise money and support SOIA athletes by pulling a UPS 757. In 2014, sponsors and participants of the Plane Pull raised more than $105,000 for Iowa athletes, giving them opportunities to participate in year-round sports, health and educational programming - and most importantly - experience joy, pride and respect.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Des Moines International Airport/Endeavor Air
1. Select the quantity or plungers/chickens you are registering
2. Create a Firstgiving account or sign in to your existing account
3. Fill out the required registration instructions
4. Create or join a team. (Or select I don't want to join a team)
5. Customize your personal fundraising page (you can also do this later). Click Next.
Friday, June 5
Mandatory Team Captain Check-In:
Prairie Meadows • Skinner Ballroom
Check-in/register your team Friday night. Turn in your team donations, receive your t-shirts and lunch vouchers. All team members are welcome to join!
Saturday, June 6
Join us as we kick off the 2015 Plane Pull with opening remarks by our sponsors and Special Olympic Iowa athletes!
Plane Pull begins
Endeavor Air/South Cargo Ramp
The first pull will start immediately after Opening Ceremonies. The event is open to the public and will also include entertainment, food, an awards ceremony, on-site vehicle displays and a Kid's Zone with various activities. Spectators are strongly encouraged to attend to join in on the fun and cheer on their favorite team!
Teams compete to see who can pull the plane 12 feet in the fastest amount of time. Teams compete in one of the following divisions:
- Open: General Public
- Public Safety (At least 50% of the team members must be public safety competitors to qualify for this division)
- Civic (At least 50% of the team members must be from a civic organization to qualify for this division)
- High School/College
- Co-Ed (At least 50% of the team members must be female competitors to qualify for this division)
- Fastest Pull - In each of the 5 divisions
- Grand Champion
- Top Fundraising Team
- Best Team Costume
Team Fundraising Incentives:
In addition to the thrill of a lifetime and knowing that you're helping a great cause, there are some great prizes available to motivated fundraising groups! Iteams will be awarded to each team member in the following categories:
- $1,000: You get official bragging rights and the exclusive opportunity to pull a plane! Plus, each team member will receive a commemorative T-shirt and free lunch onsite
- $2,500: Plane Pull Water Bottle
- $4,000: Plane Pull Cooler
- $6,000: Choice of a Plane Pull Pullover Jacket OR a $500 Gift Card to Texas Roadhouse for a Team Party!
Special Thanks to:
Law Enforcement Torch Run® Sponsors